My Favorite Things About Fall 🍁🍂
Top Four is one of my favorite podcasts. Possibly my number one, although its probably tied with ATP and The Talk Show. It’s a strong contender. Marco and Tif Arment chat about some random group of things, and attempt to rank said things, usually failing because they can’t make up their minds. It’s adorable. It’s clear that the two of them are having a good time, and listening always makes me laugh.
In a recent episode the pair ranked their top four favorite “Fall-tivities”, things to do in the Fall. They named a few things I’d never heard of, like pumpkin blazing, which sounds like a lot of fun, and talked about the corn mazes in the Northeast, which for some reason sound bigger than ours here in Iowa. A travesty if true.
Listening to the podcast put me in the holiday mood early this year, and since it’s good to think about good things that make us happy, here, in no particular order, here are a few of my favorite things about Fall.
- Flannels, sweaters, and jackets
- Getting a chill outside and coming inside to warm up under a blanket with a hot drink
- Apple pie
- The smell of cinnamon and spice in the air when baking said apple pie
- Also pumpkin pie
- Pumpkins on peoples porches
- The leaves changing color and falling
- The holiday season is coming, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years 🎁🎉🎊
- Getting up before the sun comes up and going outside to look at the stars
- Soups, stews, and chili
- Smores in the backyard over a fire, just because.
- Football and Fall soccer seasons
- The long, hot, miserable summer is over. The seasons change, life goes on.
Fall is by far my favorite time of the year. The grass stops growing, but we don’t have snow yet. The days get shorter, but there’s still plenty of sunshine. Time to break out the gloves and hats and scarves. Time to bake some cookies and carve a pumpkin. Run a little later in the day, and enjoy it more because the temperature is perfect for running in long sleeves. Go for a hayride, have a bonfire, dig the decorations out of storage. Put our petty differences aside and remember that we are all neighbors. Give, laugh, love. Fall is the best.